GBP/EUR exchange rate stuck around the low 1.19 levels - is a rebound in store?
Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 15:15 Written by Will Peters Wednesday, 28 March 2012 14:14
The pound to euro exchange rate has found support around the upper 1.19 levels as the UK currency takes a break from recent falls.
A note from UniCredit Bank says: "Cable is still benefiting from the retreating US dollar with the 1.60-1.6050 test still in the spotlight. Given similar EUR-USD behavior at present, EUR-GBP should continue to remain stuck at around 0.8350."
Currency majors are now consolidating waiting for the results of the euro-area summit this weekend, but the US dollar could stay cornered if US data cast new doubts on the US recovery in the meantime.
The EUR-USD remains firm, but failed to break above 1.34, as markets are not eager to ride a new EUR-USD rally due to the EMU risk picture.
Consolidation in the upper bound of the 1.30-1.35 band should continue suggests UniCredit.
Elsewhere, both the Australian dollar and the New Zealand dollar are still struggling at around 1.04 and 0.82, "but we suspect that there are still risks of more swings here before strong buying pressure could definitively reemerge," warns the Italian bank.
Meanwhile the yen is resuming a bearish tone, as the seasonality related to the Japanese fiscal year has mostly faded. Buying USD-JPY below 83 is again favored, while EUR-JPY should hold the line above 110 for now.
Your Pound to Euro Quote
Independent Currency Providers TorFX Are Here to Deliver You a Bank Beating Exchange Rate Quote.
Alerts and Updates
Get informed when the Pound to Euro Exchange Rate, (or any currency of your choice) reaches your desired level.
- Submit Quote
- Comparison of Pound to Euro Money Transfer Costs - The Case for Independent Providers
- RBS forecasts for GBP and EUR: Modest rebound for the euro could continue as bank turns neutral on sterling
- FX alert: GBP gets timely boost from PMI readings and Bank of England inaction
- Sterling gains vs Euro appear to be capped for now says analyst
- The pound still has further to go against the euro says RBS, but EUR-USD rally decline could be nearing end
- RBS forecast the pound to euro rate to remain at current levels through the remainder of 2012
- Sterling's rally against the euro could be over; RBS calling time on lond pound euro exchange rate trade
- Pound heads to a 23 week high vs the euro today, UK government bonds fall in price
- Pound sterling in decline; reaches 2 week low vs US dollar while euro continues to feel the strain